Welcome to the Smart Sales Pro Podcast Episode #2. My name is Michael Mason and I’m so excited for today’s episode. Today’s topic is one of my most favorite sales things to talk about: How to become a successful salesperson.
The foundation for this episode was inspired by a video I saw a few years ago by none other than Brian Tracy. Now if you’ve never heard of Brian Tracy it’s ok, because I once didn’t know who he was either. He was one of the sales experts I stumbled upon when I discovered podcasts back in 2007.
That said, lets get into this weeks topic: How to become a successful salesperson.
- Love what you do
- Decide what you want, set goals for it
- Perseverance and determination without discouragement
- Commit yourself to lifelong learning
- Use your time wisely
- Follow the leaders: Do what top sales people do
- Integrity and trust
- Use your existing talent, gifts, abilities and creativity
- Practice the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
- Pay the price of success “in advance”